Often times, we don’t get a lot out of our kids when they come home from school because we ask “How was school today?”. They simply give you a “good” or “fun”, but that isn’t a lot to discuss. So here is a list of things that you can ask your children that will surely prompt more discussion about their day at school.
1. Tell me something that made you laugh today
2. If I called your teacher tonight, what would she tell me about you?
3. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
4. What was the best thing that happened at school today?
5. Tell me something good that happened today.
6. What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
7. Where do you play the most at recess?
8. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
9. What word did your teacher say most today?
10. Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
11. If you could switch seats with anyone in the class, who would you trade with? Why?
12. Who is the funniest person in your class?
13. If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed someone up, who would you want them to take?
14. Tell me a weird word that you heard today.
15. If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class?