A healthy relationship would demand some give and take, and is extremely within your reach if you and your partner would put in a bit of work, dedication and commitment. All the work will definitely be worth it in the long run if the relationship finally works out.
One of the key parts to building a healthy relationship is the level of intimacy and agreement between partners. The first step is making sure you both agree and want the same things. The following tips can help you develop and main a healthy relationship:
1.Set aside time for each other. Early on in a relationship you and your partner talk as friends, but over time, you discover that things began to change. Work, other activities all have a way of taking the time and eroding the sense of fun that once brought you together. Create time to bring the fun back even if you have to set a calendar for at least once every week. Share physical activities, like swimming or a romantic dinner. This particularly can lift your spirits also your heart rate.
Find what your partner likes – and someone you want to keep a relationship with, always dedicate time and pay attention to what he/she wants.
- Take responsibility for your happiness. Distance yourself from too much argument by remembering that it’s not anyone else duty to make you happy. In a relationship your partner will strive to make you happy but in the end you take responsibilities for your own happiness.
- Stand on your words. It is always good in a relationship when partners keep to their promises. When you promise to do something, do it! Every relationship needs trust in order to stay alive.
- Admit your mistakes. Whenever you realized you’ve hurt your partner by one way or the other, whether intentionally or not, own up to it. Just be sober and apologize sincerely without making justifications or excuses. You have to be responsible for your actions and make peace immediately.
- Listen to your partner. In every relationship, one of the things partners want from each other is a listening ear. Other times, your partner wants to have your opinion or need you to give them advice. Know what your partner is looking by completely giving ears to their thoughts. This will enhance your relationship in so many ways also help you resolve issues without arguing.
- Encourage Each other. In other to succeed in other facet of your life, always give time to encourage your partner in all their endeavors. This will make both of you realize how much you care about each other’s future. It will also make both of you grow even stronger, and have it in mind that you’re ready to support each other anytime.
- Always notice partner and compliment them. In every relationship, partners always want a remark or recommendation from each other. When you appreciate each other, it makes you feel happy and makes you want to stay in that relationship. Has your partner changed their mode of dressing? Tell them what you feel about it. It will make their day.